How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and Get Rid of Belly Fat
You want to lose weight and also have a slim and trim belly. You will know proven method to lose weight and get rid of belly fat within a week with ACV. This will help have a perfect waistline and body(1).
You do not lose all of your belly fat within a week, but you will get very good results within one week. This will encourage you to work harder to lose all of your belly fat and reduce weight.
You will also learn how to lose belly fat rapidly at home without doing any exercise or without reducing your diet. Along with this you will also get a delicious apple cider vinegar(ACV) for weight loss and reducing the belly fat recipe’s.
Most people have deposition of fat around their belly. They would love to lose their belly fat to have a slim and beautiful waist. Belly fat is often first to come when a person gains weight and last to go when we lose weight. In today’s world everyone is busy in their routine and life is also full of stress. Distress in daily routine and lack of exercise can lead to weight gain. This is a big problem for today’s young people as well as people with busy routines.
Important Things to Know Before Using ACV
Before you choose exercise or diet plan to lose weight, you must find out the causes which caused increase in weight and deposition of fat around belly. The first priority is to rule out any medical causes such as thyroid dysfunction diabetes. These are reason’s which cause fat deposition in your body especially around your abdomen and belly. After you rule out medical Causes of obesity you must try to figure out what is causing weight gain. Find the cause of stress on your body leading to the increase in weight. It may be eating unhealthy food, lack of exercise, a lot of stress in your life and irregular sleeping patterns.
So after identifying the factor which is causing an increase in belly fat in your body. Now try to correct the reason behind it. Along with this you can start apple cider vinegar which will increase the speed by which you will lose weight and reduce belly fat.
How will Apple Cider Vinegar help in losing belly fat?
Apple cider vinegar has been through to help in losing the excess fat and weight. This happens even without doing any extreme changes in your diet as well as without doing any vigorous exercise. The only thing you have to take care of is to stop consumption of excess sugary foods. Also reduce the amount of alcohol you are consuming. In recent study which was conducted in small group of people. It was found that the people who consume one tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss reduced about 1 kg of weight in 3 months. The person who consume 2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar reduced about 2 kg of weight in 3 months. This is a very significant amount of weight loss by consuming just apple cider vinegar.
The weight reduction or fat loss effect of Apple Cider Vinegar is caused due to acetic acid. Addition to this apple cider vinegar also helps to regulate the blood sugar. Reduced glucose level causes reduction in the craving for food so that you do not suffer from hunger pangs which again help in reducing the body weight.
Diet plan to lose belly fat fast within a week:
As it has been mentioned that it may take up to 3 months for significant weight reduction. This reduction in weight and belly fat is without doing any additional changes in your diet or without doing any exercise. So if you want to increase the speed with which you lose body weight. You can do some changes in your diet and add some physical exercise to your daily routine along with using Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss.
Change your diet:
Cut out all the sugary and refined and processed products from your daily routine. This includes fast food like burger, pizza, sandwiches, carbonated drinks and also alcoholic drinks. Try to eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits with low sugar content in them.
Increase fiber rich food:
Increase fiber rich food in your diet. Foods such as oats and flax-seed’s are rich in soluble fiber. Increasing the fiber rich food in your diet will limit the sudden amount of energy released from the food you eat which usually gets deposited as fat around the belly.
Increase the amount of high protein foods:
Increase high protein foods in your diet. Diet rich in protein will give you a more filling effect and it will reduce your hunger pangs. In addition to reducing the craving’s protein rich diet also consumes more energy for digestion. This will again lead to loss of belly fat and reduction in body weight.
Include an exercise routine:
Include an exercise routine in your daily life. Doing simple exercise such as cycling or fast walk can enhance your calorie burn out and balance your metabolism. Doing exercise of about 30 to 45 minutes for 4 days in a week will do wonders for your weight loss.
By including these simple changes in your life and consuming apple cider vinegar you will see very good results within 7 days. Once you start to lose belly fat and attain an ideal weight you will feel encouraged to include more of healthy choices in your life. This will not just boost your body but it will also keep your mind balanced and healthy.
How to Lose Weight in 7 days by using apple cider vinegar?
When using Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss you must always use raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar That contains the “mother”. The “mother” is a thing which is used to ferment the apples And contains prebiotics, these are very useful for the bacteria present in your gut. This will result in lesser bloating and a better digestion. You can take this apple cider vinegar before taking your food or you can take it once anytime during your day.
1.Belly fat burning apple cider vinegar drink
This drink works best when you consume it in the morning. It will help you to boost metabolism and burn the body fat. It also reduces the inflammation which leads to deposition of the belly fat.
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of powdered turmeric (about 1 teaspoon of fresh ground turmeric)
- 1 pinch of pepper
- One pinch of cayenne pepper or dried chili powder
- 1 cup of water (you can drink it cold but warm is better)
- 1–2 teaspoons of raw honey Optional: ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
How to take:
Mix all the ingredients in a glass and drink it sip by sip. It’s best when taken lightly warm. You can also take it during the day but in this case you have to reheat this and reheating the food again and again destroys the nutrient value of the food.
2. Immune booster and fat burner apple cider vinegar drink
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of powdered ginger (about 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic (if you are sick you can add a full teaspoon)
- 1–2 teaspoons of raw honey (1 tablespoon of honey if you are sick)
- 1 cup of water
How to take:
Mix all the ingredients in a glass and drink it step by step. It’s better to take this immune booster and fat burner apple cider vinegar drink at night because the smell of Garlic may bother you and the people whom you talk to during the daytime. This is best thing that will improve your immunity and burn your belly fat and body fat while you are sleeping.
Few other useful ways to take apple cider vinegar:
If you do not want to make drinks by mixing the ingredients. you can take premixed Apple cider vinegar with a lot of other ingredients to lose belly fat and reduce your body weight. In addition this will also help you to remove the toxins from your body and improve your immune system. There are few simple ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and boosting your health.
- Taking apple cider vinegar alone: You can mix one tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water and drink it. Never take apple cider vinegar without mixing in water as this is an acidic material and it may cause ulcers in your food pipe And throat.
- Using apple cider vinegar with tea: You can add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your tea. The best option if you want to use it with tea is added in ginger tea garlic tea or green tea. These herbal teas will enhance the fat burning properties of apple cider vinegar and also boost your immunity
- Using apple cider vinegar with salad: You can make a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with olive oil and put it over your salad. Along with a good taste it will help you to reduce belly fat.
- Soup and Sauces: You can add apple cider vinegar to soups and the sauces.
Side effects of taking apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an acidic material. So when you are using it for weight loss and boosting your immunity you should also be aware of the side effects it can cause to your body. If you are using it incorrectly and not taking the sufficient precautions it may cause damage to your health. Please note down the following side effects and always be careful when you take Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss.
- Do not take apple cider vinegar undiluted: As already mentioned that Apple Cider Vinegar is an acidic material. Taking it undiluted can cause burns or ulcers in your throat as well as esophagus or the food pipe.
- Rinse your mouth after taking ACV: It can erode your teeth when you take it frequently for losing belly fat. So always rinse your mouth with water after taking the apple cider vinegar.
- Do not take more than 2 tablespoon of ACV: The process through which apple cider vinegar acts on your body is by removing the excess water from your body. It has a diuretic effect. This diuretic effect which removes excess water from your body. It also removes a sufficient quantity of potassium from your body. So taking excess apple cider vinegar can result in low level of potassium in your body. This causes constipation, nausea, hallucinations, irregular heartbeat, and stomach cramps.
- Interactions with medicines: If you are taking any prescribed medicines for blood pressure or for any chest problem like bronchial asthma. We advise you to consult your doctor before taking apple cider vinegar for reduction of weight.
More Benefits of Taking Apple Cedar Vinegar
Taking apple cider vinegar has a lot of benefits for your health. In addition to weight loss it also improves your health in many ways. So let’s see what added benefits you will get by taking apple cider vinegar along with your weight loss.
1.Reduced bloating :
When taking apple cider vinegar you will note that your digestion is much better and bloating has reduced. This is due to the good effect of ACV on the gut bacteria.
2. Less hunger pangs:
ACV reduces your appetite so that you consume less calories. Therefore it causes reduction in hunger pangs and you have more feeling of fullness(2).
3. Better digestion:
Apple cider vinegar as probiotic like effects. This causes improvement in the gut bacteria which leads to better digestion. In addition to less bloating your gut will feel better And your your digestion will improve a lot.
4. Clear skin:
ACV has a good effect on body PH. The balance in the pH of the body results in improvement in health as well as you will get a clear and beautiful skin.
5. Reduced cravings for sweet foods:
Research has shown that Apple Cider Vinegar reduces the sugar in your blood. Reduce sugar leads to better insulin control in your body. which results in reduced craving for sweet foods(3).
6. Better diabetes control:
As already mentioned that research has shown that it regulates the blood sugar in your body. In other words, this results in better control of diabetes and better control of blood sugar fluctuations if you are a non diabetic. In another experiment it was found that consuming ACV results in better control over blood sugar levels(4)(5).
7. Weight loss without diet:
This is the major beneficial effect of apple cider vinegar. Most people consume a ACV for reducing excess weight and losing belly fat fast. You will get good results in two or three months without a major change in your diet.
Also Read: 15 High Fiber Foods for Rapid Weight Loss
Myths about apple cider vinegar
- Contains vitamins and minerals: Many people believe that Apple Cider Vinegar is full of vitamins and minerals required for the body. This is not the truth because studies have shown that a contains the limited number of vitamins and minerals. In addition you should also note that it has a very low amount of proteins and fats in it. So if you are looking for a vitamin supplement you should look for other sources of vitamins and minerals.
- Increases your heart burn: If you take apple cider vinegar diluted with water it will not increase your heartburn. Instead it results in the balancing of the pH of your stomach which is good for reducing heartburn. But if you are having a heartburn then you must consult a doctor before taking apple cider vinegar(6).
- Best when taken under Limited: Apple cider vinegar should be always taken with water. Therefore mix a tablespoon of ACV in a glass of water before consuming. If anyone takes it undiluted it may cause burns in the throat and esophagus.
- Helps fight cancer: Many studies have been undertaken to know the effects of apple cider vinegar on the cancer. But none has proven that it has any specific benefit for fighting against the cancer cells. Also some studies have shown that it may reduce gastric cancer but it may increase the chances of bladder cancer.
5 Tasty apple cider vinegar Detox drinks recipes
Here are few very tasty and popular ACV Detox recipes for you. You can alternate these recipes in your daily routine so that you are not bored of taking ACV. Try these when taking Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss.
1.Lemon water Detox drink:
This is the most popular Detox drink with apple cider vinegar. In addition cinnamon is added into this which results in increased fat loss from body as well as this results in reduced craving’s for food. Cyan pepper raises the body temperature so body burns extra calories to cool it down(7).
Classic Lemon Water ACV Detox Drink Ingredients:
- 1 cup of water
- One tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Honey (optional)
Mix all these ingredients in a glass and get ready to detox your body.
2. Cranberry Detox with ACV
Cranberry and apple cider vinegar when combined are one of the most powerful antioxidants. Therefore this prevent your body from free radical damage. In addition they also cleans your body, lungs, kidney and liver from accumulated toxins(8)(9).
Cranberry Juice Detox Drink Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- Splash of lime juice
Add all the components in a glass you can add lemon for increasing the taste.
3. Apple cider vinegar Detox smoothie:
If you are not a great fan of Apple Cider Vinegar juice then you can go for ACV detox green smoothie. Above all it has a great taste as well as provide good amount of nutrients and antioxidants you to your body. This green smoothie contains avocados and apples. Apple cider vinegar Detox smoothie contain lot of nutritional ingredients, phytonutrients and antioxidants that may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease(10)(11).
Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup apple, peeled, sliced (I prefer Fuji apples)
- 2 tbsp avocado
- ¼ cup ice
Blend all the apple cider vinegar cleanse ingredients in a blender and serve chilled.
4. Mixed berries apple cider vinegar smoothie
The detox smoothie’s are best way to increase the amount of fruit and vegetables in your diet. These green smoothies are very delicious and adding apple cider vinegar to it increases the benefits. The best time to take this smoothies is the morning breakfast which will kick start your day(12)(13).
Mixed Berries ACV Detox Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- One banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
Combine all the apple cider vinegar cleanse ingredients into a blender. Then add extra almond milk if it’s too thick and needs to thin out a little.
5. Strawberry Blueberry apple cider vinegar drink
Strawberry Blueberry ACV Detox Smoothie Ingredients:
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 3 large strawberries (top removed)
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup water
- 3 mint leaves
- ¼ cup Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 ice cubes
After that put everything except the mint into a blender and whirl away until smooth. In addition add the mint leaves as a garnish.
Frequently asked questions about apple cider vinegar
- Does ACV helps fighting cold and flu? The concept behind apple cider vinegar consumption is that it balance is the pH of body. This may in help in fighting cold and flu. But this has not been proved scientifically and no research on human’s has been done yet.
- Apple cider vinegar detoxifies the body? Toxins from body are removed by liver and kidney. These organs do not require any specific help for performing these function’s. Apple cider vinegar may have some antioxidant effect. This can protect you from free radical damage but this is not related to body detoxification.
- ACV helps in controlling blood sugar? Multiple studies have shown that apple cider vinegar increases the uptake of glucose by the muscle cells which may result in lowering the blood sugar level. There maybe some other mechanism is also by which ACV lowers blood sugar. Apple cider vinegar has also been found to lower the blood cholesterol levels.
- Apple cider vinegar improve the acid reflux? At present there have been no studies to confirm the effect of apple cider vinegar on digestion or acid reflux. Apple cider vinegar must be taken diluted to prevent damage to your teeth throat and esophagus.
- Does a ACV has any other health benefits? Apple cider vinegar improves the taste of various foods you take. As per experts it acts along with other food components to improve your health. But still no studies have proved any specific benefits of apple cider vinegar on health.
Any more question’s? Please ask in comments!!
I am a doctor, more precisely an orthopedic surgeon. Wondering why a surgeon is writing about fitness & weight loss? Few years back my mom was diagnosed with cancer, until then i thought i knew everything about health & fitness.
Then started studying various books and blogs on fitness and realized that there are hundreds & thousands of things i was not aware. Though my mom passed away after her fight with cancer, but my interest in health & fitness continued.
I decided to start the blog and share all the information in know for the benefit of others. Lets come together, work and share the knowledge to be healthy & fit.